Thursday, February 20, 2014

Cedar Street Font Download

There’s something satisfying about tweaking to perfection a typeface based on the particular style of lettering applied to a particular kind of paper by a particular human hand.

One day, in pursuit of this curious sense of satisfaction, I sat down with a porous pad of lined note paper and printed out the alphabet with a ballpoint pen.

I found particularly interesting the bulbous ends of the strokes where the ink soaked in. More…

I couldn't help myself: I drew out the rest of the character set, scanned, hand-traced, and -- as with all 3IP font designs -- manipulated every glyph to an obsessive degree.

Named it Cedar Street, after a favorite address of mine.

Full release has a single medium weight with a thorough character set.

read more

No comments:

Post a Comment